Position: Junior Safety Officer, Leinster Area
Are you looking for a health and safety role which will give you experience in a variety of sectors, scope to develop your skills and where no two days are the same? If so, read on…
Business Safety is offering the right candidate an opportunity to join a growing consultancy and learn new skills in the areas of safety, quality and environmental management. The role will initially involve providing safety officer services to customers in construction and other sectors. You will be given the necessary support and mentoring to develop your skills and knowledge in areas such as compliance, auditing, management systems and customer liaison.
Our clients include businesses of all sizes and from a diverse range of sectors including: Construction, civil engineering, manufacturing, TV production, aquaculture, software development, cleanroom technologies, energy conservation, waste recovery, and retail.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role will include:
- Conducting workplace safety inspections and advising/assisting customer on the findings.
- Developing documentation that customers require to meet their requirements, or those of their customers.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop safety statements for clients across various sectors.
- Provide other consultancy services as required.
- Develop and run training courses as required.
- Primarily operating in the greater Dublin area / Leinster with some national and/or GB travel.
Qualifications and Skills
- NFQ level 6 qualification in occupational health and safety, or NEBOSH equivalent
- 6 months health and safety experience in the construction sector.
- Full clean Irish or GB driving licence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent I.T. skills.
- Experience with ISO standards not required, but advantageous.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with excellent people skills
Salary: 30k-40k depending on experience, + transport
Applications: Send CV and cover email to hr@BusinessSafety.ie. Closing date: 25/11/18